Applicants are required to submit:
- a motivation letter, and
- at least two letters of reference (in English).
A single applicant can apply for at most three projects. He/she should indicate the order of preference amongst the up to three applications and should explain his/her affinity in one letter of interest for each vacancy. In practice the candidate will thus fill in up to three applications. Each time he/she will include the same CV, the same reference letters, but a different motivation letter.
Candidates that submit more than 3 application will be automatically excluded.
Please reports in each motivation letter - if you plan to apply to more than one vacancy - all the applications and relative preferences.
The foreseen closing dates are
15 Jan 2019 - ESRs 1-4, 7, 9, 10, 12
15 April 2019 - ESRs 5, 6, 8, 11, 13-15
NOTE: ESR 3 has been re-opened. New deadline: 7th of March.
NOTE: ESR 9 has been re-opened. New deadline: 15th of April.
NOTE: ESR 10 has been re-opened. New deadline: 30th of March.
ATLAS is a MSCA-ITN-EJD. The applicants must comply to the Early Stage Researcher definition:
Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
Requirements are stated in sec 3.3 and 3.4 of the Guide for Applicants:
3.3 Eligible Researchers
All researchers recruited in an ITN must be Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) and undertake transnational mobility (see point 3.4 below). For all recruitments, the eligibility of the researcher will be determined at the date of their first recruitment in the action.
3.4 Conditions of Mobility of Researchers
Researchers can be of any nationality. They are required to undertake physical, transnational mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up their appointment (see mobility rule in Definitions). Nationality is therefore not a criterion. Rather the location of the researcher's residence or main activity during the 3 years prior to their recruitment is the determining factor.
Example: French nationals can be eligible for recruitment at a beneficiary located in France if they have resided or carried out their main activity outside of France for more than 24 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
Note that the mobility rule applies to the (first) beneficiary where the researcher is recruited and not to beneficiaries to which the researcher is sent or seconded. It is also only determined at one point in time: that of the fellow's first recruitment in the action (see also points 3.2 and 3.3 above).
How to submit the applications
Applications are to be sent via the KU Leuven jobsite, that is administrating this phase for the whole consortium.
All the applications can be found looking for the `ATLAS' keyword in the KU Leuven jobsite research engine, and below with the direct links.
The Jobsite allows to upload 3 documents - the CV, the "Motivativation Letter", and "Other Documents". Please upload the reference letters as Other Documents.
Do not upload certifications, papers, and lengthy documents. Please resume such data in your CV.
Closing the 15 of January:
- ESR1: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54939032
- ESR2: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54942244
- ESR4: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54942357
- ESR7: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54942455
- ESR12: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54942470
Closing the 7th of March:
Closing the 30th of March:
Closing the 15 of April:
- ESR5: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946363
- ESR6: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946368
- ESR8: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946425
- ESR9: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/55051164
- ESR11: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946439
- ESR13: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946528
- ESR14: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946363
- ESR15: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/54946533
The candidate, once she/he submits his applications via the KU Leuven Job Site, has concluded the necessary steps to access the evaluation process.
After the closing dates a number of committee will start processing all received candidatures. The candidates will be evaluated collegially by the project beneficiaries. The results of evaluation will be make public as follows:
- After 1 month of the call closing date, an initial short list for each ESR vacancy is prepared and published (anonymised) in the website.
- After 2 months of the call closing date, The final rankings (again, one for each ESR) prepared, and the hiring procedures starts -- The highest ranked candidate for each ESR will be contacted for hiring. If such candidate is not available, the second will be contacted, etcetera.
Upon request, a candidate will receive feedback on the reason for their ranking.